Pronounced: Miami – aie
1. To make things much worse than they are.Â (verb)
Ex: As bad as you are at dancing on the architecture, some how you managed to Miamier to up.
2. Someone who makes Miami saucey.Â (noun)
Origin: Who knows, Andy is bananas with the words.
Submitted by: Andy G.
1. Falling asleep (with noÂ alcohol assistance)Â while hanging out with multiple people at someone else’s house (with no alcohol assistance) Â despite everyone being engaged and entertained, and then claiming not to be asleep when called out.
Ex: Brooke wake the hell up. Sorry I got a case of the Brookes there for a minute.
Origin: Brooke D. consistently falling asleep at people’s homes and denying it. Though it happened so often that Brooke adopted the phrase.
1. A Euphemism for sex.
Ex: Where’s Brooke?Â She’s watching Ghost World with some dude at her house.
2. Actually watching the movie Ghost World
Origin: Brooke D, Adam R, Chris H. and Jess J. all discussed Brooke’s previous evening’s activities.Â She had claimed to have watched the indie flick with a gentleman caller at a very late hour.Â This argument was dubious at best.Â Come on.
1. Sarcastically graceful or stylish in appearance or manner, so really neither actually graceful or stylish at all.
2. Really a way to make fun of something for being tacky by acting like it’s awesome and classy.
Ex: We can buy this sparkly, blue cat sweater for general elegance.
Origin: Borrowed from Tracy Morgan, from while on SNL, who refers to a leather tweety bird jacket as being “for general elegance.”